Friday, July 4, 2008

Idaho: More Than Just Potatoes...

This past week we went back to Dave's hometown of Pocatello, Idaho for his 10 year class reunion. It was fun for Dave to catch up with his best friends from Poky High. And believe me, he needed to (he didn't even know his best friend was going to be a new father in three days). Dave spent the weekend being a Berrey, which means golfing. I spent the weekend trying to be a better Berrey, which means learning to golf.

The front leg is supposed to stay down while the back leg rotates. I've got it backwards. Looks like I need some more practice.

Apparently khaki shorts was the dress code.

Dave in front of his older locker with locker-buddy Spencer.

Can you believe these guys? They didn't even coordinate their matching shirts. Or maybe they did...

Group hug.

Us at dinner.
To complete the evening, Dave and his three buds went "cruising" in a car down the streets of Pocatello just like they did in high school. I'm glad Dave was able to get this mini-vacation. Now it's back to working 12 hour days 7 days a week at the hospital for his pediatric rotation.

5 comments:

The Wehrmeister's said...

So did he enjoy showing off his trophy wife?

Jaclyn said...

Yeah, I'm sure all of the guys were jealous of his trophy wife. I think it's neat that the Berrey's like to gold together. Great family bonding because you really do get to talk. I love the picture in front of the high school locker. Someday you should tell your kids to try and be a "better Berrey." It's got a ring to it.

The Wehrmeister's said...

on that note maybe you should name your child Butch. Then you could say be a "better Butch Berrey"

oh or maybe you could open a winery. We make the The Berrey's make the "better Berry"

Hmmm... I wonder how the Church would feel about that.

elizabeth said...

Or maybe I could name my child Rasputin Leonardo Berrey. Then we could call him Ras L Berrey. (That one was my dad's idea).

Spencer said...

I was looking at Doug and Rachel's blog and saw you guys had one as well. It'll be easier to follow what you guys are up to since Dave, Doug, Tim and I speak so often. If you get a chance have Dave send me the picture of us in front of the locker, that'd be a good one to have. Hope all is well, Take Care