Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Day at the Zoo

So my friend asked me what our fun plans were for the 4th of July. I replied by saying that we're going to the zoo. She responded by saying, "I asked if you had any fun plans." For some of you, a long day at the zoo may not sound too exciting. But if you are an animal lover like Dave, it is the perfect way to spend your day off.

After three years, it is finally our first visit to the zoo.

In honor of his Australian-loving mother, Dave hung out with a mob of kangaroos. He wanted to jump in there and box them.

Sorry for the family joke, but I took a picture with the llamas for my mother.

The zoo had its own huge lake.

No explanation.


We completed our 4th of July with a neighborhood barbeque and fireworks. Here is our adorable neighbor who just squirmed his way right in between us while watching the fireworks. It was so cute. What a perfect end to the day.

4 comments:

tiffany garfield said...

Looks like it was a wonderful day at the zoo!:) The picture with your little neighbor boy nestled between you is so stinkin cute! Foreshadowing of things to come I guess. :) Glad you had a fun fourth!

Rachel Hagen said...

ha! that is a really cute pic of your neighbor. i love it. and i also love the picture of the llama! we need to send that to adam.

aLi said...

:) I loved it, Elizabeth!

I guess we need to get to the zoo sometime soon, esp. since we bought a family pass. !!!! aah!

Aby Runyan said...

Your FIRST visit?? We've had a family pass for the last 3 years and have gone to the zoo approximately 1.3 million times. It's great, especially if you need to get in a workout. In fact just today my kids were BEGGING me to go to the zoo - but in this heat, we would surely die.
luvs, aby