Tulsa schools have been closed the entire month due to inclement weather. Temperatures have been a record-breaking 30 below zero. I couldn't help but think about where I was just a few weeks ago: San Francisco.
I got to visit one of my favorite persons in the world, my sister Rachel. My parents and my little brother Adam couldn't pass up the party either. The Bay Area used to be their old stomping grounds back in the day.
Claire had her chopsticks all ready to go at Chef Chu's, my parent's favorite restaurant while my dad was going to graduate school in Palo Alto
Ice cream sundaes at Ghirardelli's Square
This was probably my favorite thing we did. The redwoods of Muir Woods were amazing.
Claire had a fun time hanging out with Uncle Adam.
Adam wanted to know what Claire was doing behind his back.
Rachel was too embarrassed to ride the trolleys with us. My mom almost didn't come. They thought Adam would act too much like a tourist. Now what would give them that idea?
Quality Grandpa Decker time
The first house of five that my parents built, in Orinda.
Have I ever mentioned I moved around a lot growing up?
The most exciting thing about the trip was getting to know my newest nephew, Sam. They are just ten weeks apart, and got along so well. It almost made me think I could handle twins. Almost.
Sam just told Claire that he saw Uncle Jesse and Joey. Here they are at Alamo Square, the park featured in the opening credits of Full House.
Dear Rachel,
We miss you, cousin Sam, San Francisco, and your 70 degree weather. Please have us back again soon.
Love,
Elizabeth and Claire


7 comments:
What a fun trip! Can I come visit with you in SF too . . . because with your weather in Tulsa I don't think that's going to happen :)
So fun!! I want to visit her too! Looks like everyone had a great time. The Joe-ster is looking good may I add.
ah! my home! now I'm so homesick! so glad you had a great time!
Claire is so precious. I love the full house picture! I saw some news pictures from tulsa...I'm assuming the hospital didn't close down, but how in the world did dave get to work?! hope you have a mall to walk in...the closest mall we have in moses lake is...walmart...:)
oh these are so cute! I had so much fun with you guys. This should be a monthly thing.
although, my friend made a good point. while the rest of the US has hot summers swimming and BBQing, we have summers with raincoats and scarves.
What street is that on in orinda? It looks like one I used to babysit at in the downs! So much fun...looks like you did a lot there. What a beautiful state!
Love the first picture!! Can't wait to see you in Texas next week!
Post a Comment