Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One
















Our little Claire turned one last week and we both can't believe it.  Unfortunately, it was a day of not only her first birthday, but her first ear infection.  I had visions of her devouring her cake, but instead she was too sick to try anything.

Here our some of Claire's numbers of her achievements.

6: number of words
4: number of bottles in one year
2: number of times she took a pacifier in one year
8: number of tricks
22: number of flights

Months:

3.5: flipped over both ways
5.5: sat up
6: taking a sippy cup
6.5: first two teeth (still only two)
7: first trick (So BIG)
7.5: started to crawl
8: pulled herself up
9: started cruising furniture
10: said her first word (either dog or book, it was such a gradual process, I think I missed the first word)
11: standing up by herself (only 3 times so far)
12: first ear infection

18lbs 5 oz (10-25%)

Claire and I were able to go to Dallas a week earlier to visit my sister and see my parents.  We had a shared birthday party for her there.


Can you tell Claire's 3 year old cousin shared her birthday cake with her?

The only cake that got on her face was from our attempts to feed it to her.



The loves of my life

Her favorite hobby is to read her lift-the-flap books.

Daddy is hilarious.




One year tricks from Elizabeth Berrey on Vimeo.


Mischief from Elizabeth Berrey on Vimeo.

7 comments:

Kristan said...

I can't believe she is 1! Hope she's feeling better.

Unknown said...

That went by WAY too fast. She is so precious! I wish I could see her right now. We need a play date for all the babies to play.

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Claire Berrey! I miss her so much.. and you and Dave too! She has grown so much! Oh how I wish you lived closer or the other way around!
Glad you guys had a good birthday for sweet girl Claire!
Hope you are doing well!
Love
Kristen

tiffany garfield photography said...

Happy birthday Claire! Already one?! so sad she was sick...if she wasn't I'm sure she would have loved to dive right into that cute princess cake. She's adorable!

Rachel Hagen said...

OMG! I LOVE her tricks! She is one smart cookie. I've watched this five times now. :)
Happy Birthday Claire Bear!

Jenny said...

berreys- what a cute cute Claire! I love all the milestones you captured- way to go mamma elizabeth! 22 flights...sounds like Will's first year of life too:) Its too hard to stay away from family/friends when you have a little one to share. There's a kid from our ward here in moses lake serving in your area- Elder Griggs. his parents head up the parks and rec here which I am so grateful for, anyway, just fyi. Happy Birthday Claire!

Ben and Katie McKee said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm soooo excited to see you guys in just a few weeks! I loved hearing Claire "sing" and blow kisses! So cute!