Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Recent Activity

Dave and I spontaneously decided to go to Washington, DC for Thanksgiving. I kept asking Dave if he was proud of me for walking and standing for literally nine hours for two days back to back. My legs were tired, but it was worth it. Dave reassured me he was impressed with my stamina. We saw pretty much everything we wanted to--except the Spy Museum.

I have decided that we need to rent Night at the Museum 2 after seeing The Lincoln Memorial and a couple of the Smithsonian Museums.

The Washington DC Temple

We peeked through the White House gate and saw the White House Christmas tree. I think Michelle was just about to come out and greet the horse-drawn carriage, because we were the last ones allowed to take a picture before security moved everybody away.

At Mount Vernon, George Washington's house, we saw a cool exhibit about his teeth. The poor general suffered from abscessed teeth his entire life. When he was elected president, he only had one tooth left. I got to see his dentures.

Arlington Cemetery

I think seeing the change of the guards at Arlington Cemetery was Dave's favorite part of the trip.

A few weeks ago, we were invited to a murder mystery dinner.

Here are the suspects. Dave was an artist, and I was a pop star. We were both innocent, just as we had pleaded.

I'm slowly moving along with my pregnancy. Next week I will be seven months pregnant and beginning my final trimester. Thank goodness. We are slowly transforming our apartment into a new home for our little girl. Can't wait!!

6 comments:

Kristan said...

You look great! And I love DC . . . you'll have to go back for the Spy Museum.

The Wehrmeister's said...

So first off I thought Dave was supposed to dress up in that last pic?? He wore that same outfit when we went on our birthday/anniversary celebration last year.

You look great by the way. I still think you should name her Jennifer

Kris and Libby Brown said...

Your so cute!! Your so lucky to have seen all the sights. I was there all summer and maybe saw two things. I was going to use the excuse of being very pregnant but that would have made me look weak compared to you! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to meet baby pink Berrey!

Jaclyn said...

Totally jealous about the trip to DC! You definitely need to take a trip to NYC. I love the baby bump! YOu look great.

Katie said...

I am not looking forward to seeing how big I get. You look fantastic and you are starting your last trimester...crazy Weren't we just 10 weeks along?!

tiffany garfield photography said...

Great mystery costumes! That sound like a lot of fun! 7 months! Wow! I bet you're getting really excited...and of course ready for the baby to come a little earlier than she actually will. At least that's how I was. You look great! Glad you're doing well! Love you, Twink :)