Monday, February 16, 2009

Someday when I work in private practice...

my patients won't call me at midnight to cancel their 7:00 appointment. That's right. Today were my Mock Boards that I've been preparing for all month (and are 5% of my final grade).

Last night at midnight I get a phone call from my patient saying that she won't be able to make it. So I found myself calling people and begging them to come in at 6:30 this morning. I hate relying on incompetent people for my grade.

Is it May yet?

5 comments:

The Wehrmeister's said...

if I were your patient, I would be the best patient in the whole wide world!

I'm sorry, hopefully real boards will go better.

Jason said...

May is sooo close. It all so swiftly. Enjoy the chaos, it only get better. ps I told a story about you last night to some running friends! your the best--katie

Jaclyn said...

grrr. just handle it with grace (like i'm sure you did) and before you know it may will be here!

ps-please take off your word verification!!!!!!!!! you probably don't know that you have that on there. it drives me a bit crazy and only a sister can tell you that.

tiffany garfield said...

Seriously! Some people just don't get it! I hope you found someone. May is coming soon! Hang in there!
Dido on the word verification thing. :) I hate to admit it but someimes I type the word in wrong, yeah, I know, pretty funny huh.

elizabeth said...

I initially treated the situation with grace for about 15 minutes. Then I called her back begging for her to come in. She got a desperate message in the morning.