Today I finished finals. And more importantly, I made it through my 10 weeks without Dave! I'm flying out to Arizona tomorrow to reunite with my estranged husband.
The past month Dave was in West Virginia. Besides all of the obese people with thick southern accents (which he can't stand), Dave really liked the place. After his interview, the program director surprised us both by allowing him to come home three days early to see me. I was so happy my eyes teared up. I was able to see him for 10 whole days before he left again for his next rotation.
We were fortunate enough to have Dave's sister and her family join us for Thanksgiving. However, between the four of us, no one had made a turkey before. Which meant one thing--making my first turkey.
We were fortunate enough to have Dave's sister and her family join us for Thanksgiving. However, between the four of us, no one had made a turkey before. Which meant one thing--making my first turkey.
It was Dave's birthday a few days later. What's the point of making more cake when we barely had enough room in our fridge as it is? Poor guy has a birthday around a major holiday. I think I may know how that feels...
4 comments:
Im just going to call you Martha from now on.
congrats on having your hubby back. miss you!
I'm FROM THE SOUTH, and I hate the uneducated accent.
I'm so proud of you and your turkey! Enjoy the holidays . . . I wish I was done with my finals already :)
Congrats on living the single life again and on making the turkey--you're gutsy, I'm way too scared to try. Tell dave I said happy birthday and ...happy birthday to you soon. I had no idea you BOTH had holiday birthdays. I guess you should have your first kid near Easter or Halloween? You wouldn't want to break tradition by throwing a "unholiday" birthday in the mix right?
It's been over a month! Time to update!
Post a Comment