The day has finally come. The day I have been dreading for over a year. The 70 day stretch without David. I'm not going to lie--I feel pretty sorry for myself. However, many wives in my neighborhood have gone through this and survived. Others don't get to see their spouses for over a year as they serve our country. But still, I'm sad and I miss my husband.
I know I said that Dave was on his way to Chicago, but there was an abrupt change in plans about three days before he left. The Chicago plans fell through, and now he is in Detroit for October. He has much better living circumstances than when he was in Philadelphia. He is staying with a family who lived across the street from us last year. It is very generous of them.
Here are a couple of pictures from the past month:
Here is an actual sketch of the front yard with all of my flowers. I am the one at the door.
Things are going well for me. I have been keeping very busy with school. These past couple of weeks I have been on rotation at the KCVA (which I have really enjoyed). Next week I start practicing injections on a classmate, while she practices on me. Wish me luck!
7 comments:
I am so lucky to live across the street from the Garden of Eden! hee hee. I keep thinking of questions to ask you, but then forget to ask you when I see you. For instance, I want to plant bulbs like you did last fall. Where did you get the bulbs? Any special place or just the nursery down the street? Ok, I'll just ask you next time I see you...
I am sooooooo sorry Dave is gone! I am dreading those days. Good luck to Dave.
oh my gosh! 70 days! I am so sad for you! I hope you can stay super busy. Good luck! (LOVE the sketch by the way!!!)
I'm sorry Dave is gone. You're a trooper. I really like the sketches your neighbor friends draw you. You're quite popular with them--they even draw the backs of their heads in the window. It must be all the pretty flowers you plant.
Ouch (about the needles).
And AWESOME (about the flowers). Man do I wish I had a thumb that was even a little green!
luvs, aby
Lovely flowers! Im back home right now looking across to your your old house. I feel sad :( call me when you get bored! just find a second husband for a couple of months..thats what I do!
Gorgeous flowers!! I hope the time goes by quickly without hubby:( That would be hard, for sure!
The details on the artwork is very impressive. Talented artist. I really like that she has included your address. My only concern is that your neighbors have a dog. It appears as though she has drawn a cat in your neighbor's window. Do they now have a cat, a dog and a baby?
Post a Comment