Yesterday President Monson announced a temple during early morning conference. Dave and I are so excited. It's already made breaking news here. We're happy for all of the faithful members out here that will finally have a temple nearby. Our nearest temple is Winter Quarters which is almost 3 hours away.
A few months ago Elder Holland came to our Stake Conference. Here was our conversation driving home:
Dave: There's got to be a reason why Elder Holland came out here. I bet they're going to build a temple in Kansas City.
Me: Dave, they won't build temple here. The crazy/extreme Mormons will be moving out here in flocks as soon as they hear about it.
At least that's what someone said in Gospel Doctrine. (I really shouldn't believe every comment made in class.) But notice how President Monson said Greater Kansas City Area and not Independence. Hopefully that will prevent some of the extremists from getting any ideas.
He also mentioned Philadelphia (a potential city we could be moving to) as a future site as well. I'm so happy to hear how fast the church is growing.
He also mentioned Philadelphia (a potential city we could be moving to) as a future site as well. I'm so happy to hear how fast the church is growing.
5 comments:
That is so exciting about the temple announcement! And yes we are going to St. George for Christmas...are you guys coming, too???
When he announced this Mick and I immediately looked at each other and squealed. He was making fun of me, but I was excited. Then he said it's not going to be ready because you'd have moved. But it'd still really exciting. What us up with that awkward pause/laugh after he announced the Rome temple.
I enjoyed that news report link you posted. I am thrilled that they are opening people's eyes to the concept of us mormons. I am also glad that he didn't say something like Independence, Missouri and instead said the greater Kansas City area. We shall see, won't we!?? It will be interesting to see all that happens in the next while until the temple is completed.
And, finally I am happy that Philly could be a place where you'd go esp. since they are going to have a temple there now.
Jason says it's all because of his temple attendence here in Utah. He says, "My temple recommend still says I'm in the Platte City Stake." We are so excited and hope to be able to make it out for the open house--hopefully go through with some of those great non-mormans in the townhouses!!--katie Huddleston
Hey Elizabeth, I found your blog off of Lisa's. YOu guys look like you are doing great. How is KC?? We just moved back to AZ from living in Omaha for the past 4 years. My husband went to dental school there. We made a few trips down to KC and it was a lot of fun! I saw that your husband is from good ol' Idaho, so is mine and they love to golf...kinda funny. Anyways thought I would say hi!
Post a Comment