Thursday, June 11, 2009

Puerto Vallarta

A day after we booked our flight to Puerto Vallarta, the swine flu epidemic broke out. We were still planning on braving the dangerous country of Mexico. Unfortunately, a couple of weeks before we were supposed to go, our flight was canceled. It seemed like it was not meant to be. We found a window to quickly book another flight and snagged it. Our vacation was just what we needed. We had a great time.





We had to wear masks because of the flu.

Not really. It was just very dusty. We rode ATVs to the top of a mountain, and then zip lined down.

We're at the top of the zip line mountain.

Another day we took a day cruise across the coast of the city.

We docked at a pier, and rode horses up to a waterfall.



We took advantage of the cool freshwater, and swam under the waterfall.

Another day we went to the zoo. At this particular zoo, we were able to feed the animals. As you can see, it makes the zoo much more interesting and the animals are more interactive with the people. It was so much fun playing with the baby pumas.










Oddly, when we got back to the states, they did not check us for any signs of the swine flu. I guess everyone realized it was way over-hyped by then. The Mexicans were not very happy with what the media did to their country's economy. I'm just glad we were able to help them out.

8 comments:

Aby Runyan said...

Wow, what a great trip! Such awesome things you did.
Jeff and I went to Mexico before we were married, with my family. We did the ATV ride with the bandanna masks too. So fun, except ours didn't end in a zip line. It did however feature a very big rattlesnake!

That puma looks like he's about to take your hand off!

luvs, aby

Katie said...

I love the zebra picture. I wish I had a cool picture with me and a smiling zebra! Have fun in West Virginia!

Jaclyn said...

That looks like an awesome trip! I'm glad you guys were still able to go. I've always wanted to go on a zip line and have yet to do so. And your hotel/resort looks very fancy.

Rachel Hagen said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I totally fell for the masks...you guys look intense. I wish I could have pet all those fun animals!

Kris and Libby Brown said...

So jealous! I want a vacation! Glad you had fun! Where is it exactly you'll be moving to? I wonder how close it will be to us.

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to go! Looks like an amazing time! Congrats again on all the graduationess!

Ben and Katie McKee said...

SO FUN!! You guys did so many fun things on your trips!!I hope all is well in West Virginia!!

Candi said...

What an amazing vacation! How did you find out about that zoo? I would plan a whole trip around just that! How fun!